Thursday, July 8, 2010

Introductory Remarks

Hi, my name is Dan Hall, and I am the creator of this here new blog.

Often when I'm reading, or conversing with someone, or even inadvertently eavesdropping on strangers, words and thoughts that are worth sharing come up.

The idea behind The Quoth Blog is to share some of those thoughts with all of you. I intend to let the person I'm quoting do the talking in his words, and generally efface myself. The purpose of this blog is not to rehash a bunch of old standards ("An apple a day..."), but rather to provide you, the reader with something new (or old, but probably unfamiliar).

A lot of times a book that is filled with wisdom gets distilled down into a few quotes that everyone seems to know, while much of the book is forgotten. I'd like to draw attention to these lesser-known gems. I hope to share a good mix of thought-provoking, enriching, and funny quotations with you on a pretty regular basis. I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment